From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Run-Time difficulties

I had LV 6.1 on a computer and everything was fine. I installed LV 7.1 to do some upgrades but left 6.1 on, though it was never really used except for the RTE. Still everything was fine. I built one of my applications in 7.1 and this is where all went south. After building the application with 7.1, when I run it, the LV 6.1 loading screen comes up and asks me which vi I'd like to open (because it can't run something built in 7.1). So thinking I could get around this I uninstalled 6.1, same problem. I repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled 7.1, and at each step I was met with the same problem. No matter what I do, my apps try to open with the 6.1 RTE. It even reverts opening somme vi's to 6.1 though 6.1 ISN'T LOADED!! It just opens them and tells me I need the full Dev System to edit it.

Any ideas on this? I'm getting frustrated. Thanks alot.
Gary
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,234 Views)
Anyone? Anything?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,219 Views)
When looking both in win 98 and XP I found an option to uninstall the 6.1 RTE. Do you have this at all? Did you try it and it didn't work? Try searching on the site for any commands to manually uninstall the RTE.

(2,200 Views)
There was a random dll file that may have been built by one of our guys back in 2000/2001 that seemed to be forcing the executable to try and use the 6.1 RTE. When we found and isolated the file, everything worked as expected, well almost but that's now my issue. Thanks for the response. Everything's working now.

Gary
Message 4 of 4
(2,196 Views)