From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Real time crash on specific map use with objects

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi André - I've been running this on a 9058, so I don't think the hardware should be leading to any differences between our results. I've tried this with 19.0.0 and 19.5.1 installed on the target I couldn't copy your snippet, so I recreated it (see attached). Feel free to take a look to confirm we're both using the same VI.

Could you provide a technical report from the target? I'd like to take a look at the installed software and the error log after you see a crash.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,059 Views)

Hi Brian,

Thx for taking the time to try and reproduce it. I haven't been able to reproduce it again with the example I provided.

Somehow with my initial code base the problem occurred and it stayed when we brought the it down to the code snippet, but once it executed without error once it somehow didn't occur again. I am seeing a world of difference in the performance when deploying stuff to this 9056 with LV 2019, opposed to working with a 9064/9065 under LV 2017 (same laptop).

I will send the error report and MAX report with a PM. hope it helps in any way.

Maybe Cristian has easier access to the code that produced the problem in his cRIO.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,042 Views)

Hi Brian,

Somehow I can't seem to attach files in a PM to you.

Could you PM me your email address, so I can send them?

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,040 Views)

For reference, the previously posted snippet of mine:

@cbutcher wrote:

Maps_test_simpleType_BD.png

is more or less exactly what I used in my service request as a reproduction case. As I said, it was initially not reproduced using an ARM cRIO (I'm not sure exactly which model) but I received an email after that confirming that it could be reproduced (by NI) using a cRIO-9038.

Brian, I'm going to PM you with the reference number on my service request, in case that is useful for intercontinental cooperation, but perhaps NI doesn't do things like that - in which case sorry for the unhelpful PM...

GCentral
Message 14 of 17
(1,032 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

I managed to replicate the crash with the code cbutcher provided. I filed bug 975493, but I can't guarantee when I fix will be released. Thanks everyone for the help.

Best regards,

Brian P.

Product Support Engineer

Message 15 of 17
(1,022 Views)

Just ran into this issue on 2019 19.5 RT on a PXIe running Linux RT.  I will switch back to Variant Attr for now I suppose.

Interesting in that I am not actually indexing on the map at the edge of the For Loop - I am using it to iterate through the input for the key, as my key is a data acq card slot number, and I drive the For Loop based on the Map size wired into N.  Then i terminal looks up the Map value based on the i = Slot Number for Channel Data cluster.  My map actually is wired in/out of the For Loop through a Shift Register and I am using the In Place structure to make the changes to the Map values.

Crashes every time I deploy to run on the RT, but the example code I tested the PC side isn't doing that.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(998 Views)

This runs fine on the PC side, deploy it on the RT and crash - every time.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
Message 17 of 17
(987 Views)