LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Installer cannot find LV2009RealTimeModule

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to build an installer for an application to read an instrument through a serial port.  I am getting an error message in the build that says NI LabVIEW 2009 Real-Time Module is not available and for me to point to it.  I have tried installing the Real-Time module from the software DVD's that I have, but the problem still occurs.  I created a zip file shows that I have been trying to work through the problem and has screenshots of the error messages that I am getting, but cannot attach it to this.

I have found and downloaded the 2009f3 software patch this morning.

Greg Collier

gregcollier@sunnuclear.com

321-259-6862 x 280

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,141 Views)
Hi Greg,

This may seem like a silly question--but does your serial application utilize the Real Time Module? If so, then I'd like to check that it is installed and licensed. Go to Start>Program Files>National Instruments>NI License Manager. Do you see the Real-Time Module listed underneath LabVIEW 2009? If so, what color is the box next to it? If it is green, and you are indeed using the Real Time Module in your application, then I recommend reinstalling the module from the hard drive itself--i.e, copy the installation from the CD to your desktop, then install. When including additional installers, LabVIEW will look for them for wherever they were last installed from. If it is on your hard drive, it shouldn't have any trouble finding it. If you are not using the LabVIEW Real Time Module, then uncheck it from the list of Additional Installers.

Feel free to post back if these steps do not resolve your problem.

Cheers,
Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,121 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gregarious-greg

I got help from submitting a support request and talking by phone to an application engineer.  I found out that the additional installers that I needed to include were NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2009 and NI-VISA Runtime 4.6.1 only.  I was including a checkmark for NI-VISA Configuration Support 4.6.1 that is not needed for my application.  I was able to successfully install it on a target computer and use it.

Greg
Message 3 of 3
(2,113 Views)