From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Core 1 training missing subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Doing self paced LV Core 1 training. In exercise 9-3  you load a project " Temperature Monitor"  then run a vi in the project.  I get an error that a subvi temp is missing. I downloaded the core 1 files from the NI training page.  I am using LV home (2014)

Any help?

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,408 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ajmartin2015

Hi Alan,

The Temperature Monitor project is attempting to find a set of subVI's from the Shared Files folder within the Exercises directory. If you have changed the path between these two folders, then it is likely LabVIEW will be unable to find the subVI's and you will see the error you are getting. Make sure you have the Temperature Monitor folder and Shared Files folder in the same parent directory so that the project can find its subVI's.

Best,

Duncan W.

Message 2 of 4
(2,372 Views)

Well, I did not change anything after downloading the core 1 folder. But thanks to your hint I was able to find all the missing files and add them to the project. Funny the shared files folder was in the same parent directory.  I have it working now though.

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,359 Views)

Huh that is strange. It's possible some other system configuration threw off the pathing. Glad you were able to figure it out though!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,350 Views)