LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 8.6: programatically pressing button only works in some VIs, not all?

@crossrulz wrote:

This code runs on an FPGA.  That is why this doesn't work.  There are no events in an FPGA.  And I'm pretty sure you can't even get a reference to a control in FPGA either.

I can't really think of a time when having a property node, or invoke node on an FPGA would be a good idea.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(222 Views)

So, now I've had more time at the test bench and tried passing a boolean between the VIs using a global variable.

This works just fine with two "normal" VIs, but as soon as I try it with any VI that is part of the "fpga target" it stops working.

- I get no error messages

- It has no effect, the global boolean reference inside any VI that is part of the fpga target never changes value regardless of what the global value is set to from the outside.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Should it work to pass data into fpga code through global variables ?

Thanks

Ji Ro

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(205 Views)

I haven't tried using a global variable in FPGA.  I've used local variables without any issue.

I'm not sure if they were around in 8.6, but you could look into using a Register.  Or use block memory.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(198 Views)