LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 8.6 Remote Debugging - no block diagram

I have a built app on a remote machine that i am trying to debug , i have clicked the Enable Debugging check box under the Advanced options i teh Build Spec properties. When i build the App and connect to it using Operate -> Debug Application or Shared Library. I right click the front panel after it has loaded on my local machine and the only option is Quit Debug Session. What else do i have to do to be able to debug this this app ?

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,023 Views)

Hi Dan,

Are you able to connect to the application?  I take it you don't see the Show Block Diagram option like the last image in this KnowledgeBase?

Here are a couple other documents that take you through the process step by step as well as some troubleshooting:

How Can I Debug my LabVIEW Executable?

Why Can't I Find my Debuggable Application While Remote Debugging?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,000 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem. I can´t switch to the block diagram from the front panel. But Im able to connect to the application. When I do click with the right mouse button it only appears "Quit debug session". I have already read the links about this problem. But the settings are ok.

My Request in Germany:

http://www.labviewforum.de/index.php?showtopic=17803&pid=109721&mode=threaded&start=#entry109721

What is the reason?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,832 Views)

GT123,

Is the code locked?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/60EBDE971D01E73886256621007C00E3?OpenDocument

Ben J.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,810 Views)

Hello Ben J.,

no the VI has no password protection or the block diagram wasn`t removed.

Greetings from Germany

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,796 Views)

Try hitting Ctrl+E to get to the block diagram. I need more information if its not that simple. Have you tried reopening it? Restarting the computer? Sounds like you are in debug mode in which case you can simply get out of it to get rid of the problem. Can you upload the VI?

Ben J.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,774 Views)

Hello Ben J.

Ctrl+E does not work because I have no toolbar.

Reopening and restart isn`t the problem.

Here are 2 example Vi (LV2010).

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,763 Views)

GT123,

Is this an executable or a development VI? What happens when you click on "quit debugging session"? A screenshot would also be helpful.

From Austin,

Ben J.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,754 Views)

Hello Ben J.,

I have build an installer and then I have installed this application on an other PC. With the remote debugging I can log in the running application

an use them. When I  click on "quit debugging session" the application will stop an close. See the picture...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,740 Views)

You say you have enabled debugging in the build spec.  But do you have debugging enabled in the the VI properties>  Execution page for that specific VI?  What is the execution priority set to?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,735 Views)