From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 8.5.1 crashes drawing text....

Since support now wants all these questions posted in the forums I will try it here...

How come LV 8.5.1 has trouble drawing a simple text box?  LabVIEW has crashed a number of times.  This is on a cleanly installed system.  This program is designed to run continuously and reliably and did so under LV 8.2.1.  Now with an update to 8.5.1 I am losing this reliability.

Here is the traceback from a memory protection fault.

Thread 0 Crashed:

0   libSystem.B.dylib               0x90004910 szone_malloc + 4056

...  bunch of apple libraries.

13  com.apple.QD                   0x91788ed0 StdText + 308

14  com.ni.labview                 0x005931dc LVHostDrawable_DrawTextBox(Rect*, long, unsigned char*, long, FontType_t*, DColorSet) + 1540

As you can see LV is trying to draw a text box.  Simple no?  This is a large program that has a lot of asynchronous loops, DAQ, GPIB, Serial, DIO, and data logging.

The only other hint I got was from the lvlog files.  I have the DialogWarn token set so they give more warnings than usual.

plotsupp.cpp(4051) : DWarn: too many points in plot

$Id: //labview/branches/Jupiter/dev/source/panel/plotsupp.cpp#53 $

0x006FF498 - <unknown> + 6FF3C8

Huh!  How many points is too many?  Almost all my plots are history charts with maybe 1000 pts max.  Probably more like 200.

-Scott

LV 8.5.1

Mac OS X 10.4.11

PPC

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,120 Views)