LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 8.2; Build Failed Error 10

During the build phase build failed with the following returned:

Error 10 occurred at ABAPI Dist Copy Non-VI Files.vi -> ABAPI Dist Build LLB Image.vi -> ABAPI Copy Files and Apply Settings.vi -> EBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Duplicate path.

I converted the build I used under the previous Labview version. The application was not changed; this was a test build with the only change being the revision change to 8.20

Paul C McGuff

MD TOTCO

paul.mcguff@nov.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,378 Views)
Hi Paul,

That error usually comes up when a DLL that you reference in a VI is also included as a support file in the application build.  I've seen this when including a DLL that is installed with an NI driver (such as lvdaq.dll for data acquisition).  If your Build Specification has any NI DLL's included as support files, these can be removed. If you need driver support, the recommended way of doing this is by creating an installer Build Spec and including the device driver under the Additional Installers page.
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,364 Views)

Matt thanks I figured this out yesterday. My Application builder had Vis that were listed twice. I removed these and made a change to Set Inclusions for All Types to Dynamic VI's and Support. The application now builds.

Rock ON!

Pul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,358 Views)
Glad to hear it's working, Paul!  Let us know if you run into any other troubles and we'll point out more resources to help you.
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,350 Views)