LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 8.0.1 'NOT RESPONDING' and/or 'split' and unusable front panel while scrolling

Is this a known issue? I don't beleive it was fixed in 8.2 (see previous post).

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,466 Views)
Hi, Ryan.

Thanks in large part to this forum thread, the issue is indeed known. At the moment there's no workaround, but I'll let you know if I find anything out that seems promising.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(1,450 Views)
Hello to All,

I was the originator of this thread... THERE IS A WORKAROUND, at least on my sysytem.  I recall a desparate measure in which I saved the .VI with these symptoms as version 7.something, from LV 8.0/ 8.0.1.  When I reopned it as this lower version, the problem did nto present.  From there, I saved the .VI back to LV 8.0/ 8.0.1 and I do nto recall seeing the problem again.  The previous messages in this thread shoudl describe all else.

... Can I get reimbursed for leading the way on this problem and engineering a clever work-around??? 🙂

Thank you.

Best Regards
Message 13 of 24
(1,441 Views)
After reading the very first posting about the "Save for 7.1", I tried this method.

It did, infact remove the 'tearing' issue, but I spent around 6 hours fixing the incompatibilies between the two versions (lots of stuff was broken when it was saved to the older version).

At the end of the day, I have to consider that I'm still in version 8, the same version that caused the corruption originally. If/when this happens again, I'm in for another 6 hours of repair. Shrug. That's what overtime is for, right? 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,429 Views)

Here is a link to a similar thread:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=200310

Common thing appears to be a TAB control.

as mentioned in the above thread a copy & paste into a new vi is a work around.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,411 Views)
Confirming: I also am using a Tab control.

Thanks for the info!

-Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,401 Views)

We are getting the same problem. NI needs to fix this ASAP as it is killing our new Labview software development. It has rendered our new code useless, splitting the front panal and no scroll bars!!!. About 6 months of work will have to be redone in Labview 7.x to work around this problem. This should be a priority fix for NI, it exists in Windows Professional and vista.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,171 Views)
Oh please! This is not a major bug and as far as I can tell is very easy to fix. I realize that you probably didn't notice, but this is a thread that was started over a year ago (03-24-2006). This is very old news and this sort of reactionary melodramatics does no one any good.

I looked up your user name and you have posted exactly 4 messages in 2 years - 2 1/2 of which were whining about this problem. (By the way, I say "2 1/2" because you copy-and-pasted the same message into two old threads, so I'm only giving you half credit for one of them.) When you have had sufficient time to gather some experience you will learn how to recognize something that really is a major bug.

Finally, if this really is killing your department's LabVIEW development effort, y'all need to find a new line of work...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,143 Views)

Mike, See my other '1/2' post. It is a major issue if it translates to your final builds. We tried your suggestions and they didn't work in our case. The copy paste solution works if you have a small top level VI. Our top level VI's have a lot of code which is why we're also having no luck doing a copy/paste to a new vi. And on another note, I don't post much here as we generally don't have problems with Labview. This is the first instance we're dealt with where we can't code our way out of the problem. So my "line of work" works when the tools work. And our coding works as over 20 companies use our software. Take a look at our client base. http://www.ccm.udel.edu/Tech/CDSindex.html You may recognize some of the names.

I've seen the earlier posts and NI hasn't fixed the problem with 8.2.1. I'll use whatever melodrama that's needed on these threads to match our current dilemma

John

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,137 Views)

John,

I'm no longer in our support department, but I've been watching this thread since I originally responded last year. Despite the importance of this issue, one of the big obstacles towards fixing it is that we still haven't been able to reproduce it at NI. As Jeff mentioned, without that it's nearly impossible to diagnose (and correspondingly fix) the issue. (You may notice that we NI folks keep requesting an example VI, but the specifics of the situation have prevented it thus far.) If you can send us a small VI that demonstrates the behavior, we'll be glad to send it on to R&D for investigation. I can certainly sympathize with your frustration, and I wish I could give you a better answer than this.

Thanks.

Message Edited by sarahk on 06-04-2007 11:10 AM

Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,088 Views)