From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2017 Possible bug with property node settings in edit mode

Please try to reproduce the following problem I just discovered. I did not check with other combinations, other control types and property types. First testing only this.

1. Open an empty VI. Drop a Tree Control into the FP. Go to BD, and via right click, create a Property node, set the first element to "KeyFocus". Right click again on this node, and set it "Change All to Write". Expand the property node to have a second element. The next element will apear from the list, which is "Label". This is in "Read mode" (not writable prop). Click on this, and change the property to "Edit Position". Here the bug comes! Somehow LabVIEW keeps this second element in "Read only" mode, there is no way you can change either both or this second entry to "Change All to Write"!
  2. If you keep the the KeyFocus entry in "Read mode" from the beginning, there is no bug. You can expand to prop.node to have 2 entries, select EditPos for the second one, and THEN you can set each of them or both at once to "Write mode".

I think this is a bug...

EDIT: ok, maybe it is not a bug, but this is the way how it works. I realized, there is an option to change to write mode that individual entry. But still, after right click, it would be handy to change the entire propnode to Write mode using the first entry from the right click menu...

Message 1 of 3
(2,062 Views)

Hi Blokk,

I could reproduce this behaviour and I don't think it is a bug.

After you have created the element "Edit Position", you can right-click on it and select "Change All To Read". Then right-click again and select "Change All To Write".

(the top property node element determines if "Change All To Read" or "Change All To Write" is displayed first, but you can get to the other one by choosing the "opposite" first and then right click again)

Regards,

Eric

Eric H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,008 Views)

@EricHayoz wrote:

Hi Blokk,

I could reproduce this behaviour and I don't think it is a bug.

After you have created the element "Edit Position", you can right-click on it and select "Change All To Read". Then right-click again and select "Change All To Write".

(the top property node element determines if "Change All To Read" or "Change All To Write" is displayed first, but you can get to the other one by choosing the "opposite" first and then right click again)

Regards,

Eric

Ok, but even if this is not a bug, it is not too comfortable. I should get the "Write mode" for all entries in one step.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,992 Views)