LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2016: Strange Wiring Path...

I like the new dynamic update of the diagram in LV 2016, especially because it can be entertaining.

Take this example which I captured on video:

Strange Wiring Path...

The VI's connector pane is nothing but standard:

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 18.29.13.png

but for whatever reason (maybe because the VI was created using the "Create VI..." function, whose notoriously wild wiring pattern I do not need to remind you of), the input's wire makes a full turn around the VI.

I do not have auto-wiring and all these options on.

After the capture, grabbing the terminal doesn't result in this weird behavior, so I believe there is some kind of short term memory of the original wire pattern, which eventually is lost, and the normal wire behavior is recovered.

I will make sure to provide a step-by-step reproducible example next time I catch it.

Message 1 of 4
(3,132 Views)
I, for one, will be waiting with bated breath... Yawn...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(3,069 Views)

By popular demand, here is an example VI that shows this wire path weirdness.

I initially suspected that this depends somewhat on the BD options, so I pasted those I used in the BD. Default settings except for the Enable automatic wire routing and Enable auto wiring options, which I turned off.

Mike Porter will be thrilled to learn that changing these options to the most drastic following values:

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.35.26.png

changes nothing to this behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,012 Views)

Another video example of the kind of fun this otherwise great new LV 2016 feature offers:

Springy Wires

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,729 Views)