From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2016: Strange Wiring Path...

I like the new dynamic update of the diagram in LV 2016, especially because it can be entertaining.

Take this example which I captured on video:

Strange Wiring Path...

The VI's connector pane is nothing but standard:

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 18.29.13.png

but for whatever reason (maybe because the VI was created using the "Create VI..." function, whose notoriously wild wiring pattern I do not need to remind you of), the input's wire makes a full turn around the VI.

I do not have auto-wiring and all these options on.

After the capture, grabbing the terminal doesn't result in this weird behavior, so I believe there is some kind of short term memory of the original wire pattern, which eventually is lost, and the normal wire behavior is recovered.

I will make sure to provide a step-by-step reproducible example next time I catch it.

Message 1 of 4
(3,130 Views)
I, for one, will be waiting with bated breath... Yawn...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(3,067 Views)

By popular demand, here is an example VI that shows this wire path weirdness.

I initially suspected that this depends somewhat on the BD options, so I pasted those I used in the BD. Default settings except for the Enable automatic wire routing and Enable auto wiring options, which I turned off.

Mike Porter will be thrilled to learn that changing these options to the most drastic following values:

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.35.26.png

changes nothing to this behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,010 Views)

Another video example of the kind of fun this otherwise great new LV 2016 feature offers:

Springy Wires

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,727 Views)