LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2016 Features and Changes no longer features ideas from the Idea Exchange?

That's a shame.  I thought it was a good marketing strategy.  You know, "National Instruments really cares about customer input".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,817 Views)

Are you sure about that?  Every feature that I saw highlighted was from the Idea Exchange except for Channels.

Spoiler
I was given a glimps into what NI wants to do with Channels and it is mind blowing.  Many, many years out still.

The biggest thing this year is the Tech Preview.  NI has finally released a small look at what they have really been concentrating on for a few years now.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,749 Views)

An unfortunate choice of wording for my title.  What I meant was that the previous "Features and Changes" web pages had little icons that showed it was an idea from the Idea Exchange.  I had no doubt that the Idea Exchange was still a very important part of the LabVIEW evolutionary process.

Those icons, as well as the mention that that the ideas came from the Idea Exchange, are absent in the 2016 page.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,740 Views)