LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2012 type def issues

@Vadim wrote:

Because type definitions identify only the data type, only the values that are part of the data type update.... Because the item names in ring [combo box] controls do not define the data type, changes to ring [combo box] control item names in a type definition do not change the item names in instances of the type definition."

Yes, only the type itself.  Default values are not part of the data type.  Try the strict typed definition and see if it retains your default values.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(248 Views)

i will thank you, but the thing is, it does retain them now, after i did what's described earlier, for many times.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(244 Views)

@Vadim wrote:

i will thank you, but the thing is, it does retain them now, after i did what's described earlier, for many times.

Be careful if you don't know exactly what you did.  There is a fair probability that it "accidentally" worked and it will rear its ugly head again down the road when you change that unknown condition.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(237 Views)

so, based on what you telling me, I should go with the .ini file? that's the plan, but I have a huge chunk fo the code inherited in the lv6.1, so I wrote the new model in 2012 adaptable to the front interface of lv6.1 with hope that one day I will convert and then do the proper .ini file.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(231 Views)