LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2011: How to load drivers while installing from downloads (not disks)?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello--

I've been trying to install LV 2011, and the RT and FPGA modules from the download files on the NI website.  At the end of both the LV Development System and Real-Time Module installs, I get the following prompt:

Drivers Install Message.jpg

I do not have a drivers CD available.  I do have the NI Device Drivers\Aug11\Products folder(s) downloaded from NI, but cannot get the prompt shown above to recognize anything in that hierarchy as a legitimate target.  What is the proper way to proceed here?

By way of context, I am hoping that resolving this issue will shed light on a problem I've had simulating a cRIO chassis, as I have described here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/No-option-to-simulate-cRIO-device-after-installing-Labview-and/m-p/1...

Thanks a bunch guys.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,676 Views)

Hi bcro

You just need to download and install the latest version of NI Device Drivers after you installed the RT and FPGA moules, not before , you cand find it in the Web site, support. here is the link

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2602/lang/en

Regards

Jaime Peña
National Instruments Mexico
Ingeniería de Aplicaciones
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BradNC

You just need to choose 'Later'. When you start the install, just need to choose the option of not installing the device drivers (there is an option there).

Then, download and install the relevant drivers. For the RT and FPGA modules, that will be the NI-RIO driver that you can download.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,668 Views)

Excellent.  Thanks guys.  I had indeed installed NI-RIO during the process, so at least I know I didn't mess that up.

I still can't simulate a cRIO chassis, but that is the subject of the other thread referenced in my original post above.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,660 Views)

Is this really the "solution"?!?   Manually install each one of dozens of drivers one after the other?  I have several computers to upgrade and this seems to waste vast amounts of time.   I need to install ALL the drivers I need automatically as if I had an install DVD instead of downloads.   Any better solution?

-- James

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,559 Views)

Wait, I think I see my problem.  I think I only downloaded the first of two large files containing device drivers, and thus have an incomplete set.  Never mind...Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,554 Views)