Did you mean: 

LV 2009 SP1 Build Error NI

Solved!
Go to solution

While trying to make a build on LV 2009 SP1, I get this error:

The build was unsuccessful.

An error occured while saving the following file: Sample.VI

Details:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 1 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @. ========================= NI-488: Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

Note I do not use any GPIB. Also when I build the project on VL 2009 (no SP1) on a different machine, I get no errors. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,795 Views)

What are you trying to build? Sometimes those errors can be caused by linking problems. Try mass compiling your project to ensure that all of your dependencies are properly linked. Have a great weekend!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,769 Views)

John,

I am trying to build a project. The mass compiling went without errors, and it stilll gives me  the same build error. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,751 Views)

Ugh. I've seen this in 2009 as well as quite a few others here. There seems to be no real explanation or consistent solution to this error. 1st thing to try is to remove all boolean constant-driven case selectors. For some reason the compiler gets confused with those - sometimes. See how that goes. Eventually this problem seems to resolve itself after a few days of development. That's been my experience. Sorry I can't be of more help.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,745 Views)

Are you trying to build an application, .dll, or installer?

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,743 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wprice

An Application (EXE). What I've done now is deleted the previous build under Project > My Computer > Build Specifications and created a new Build > Application (EXE). And it built it Successfully!

Now sure was was wrong the first time... but it works now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,735 Views)