LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 20.01 f1 - anyone know anything about it?

Solved!
Go to solution

There was a recent update to LV 2020 that was pretty significant.  (Caused it to delete and copy a whole new vi.lib, for instance.)  Anyone know what it was all about?  I couldn't find any documentation.

Thanks.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(2,942 Views)

Go here: LabVIEW 2020 Bug Fixes 

As of now, the first 15 bug fixes are listed as resolved in LabVIEW 2020 f1.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(2,901 Views)

Thanks!  I thought they would have made a new page.  I didn't know they would just update the old page.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(2,899 Views)

Is anyone else having problems installing the update?

We have two PCs that had no problems (after updating package manager, and then updating it again, *sigh*).

But on a third PC, the update is simply not there... I'm not sure what else to try or tell about it. Other LabVIEW version have patches available, but 2020f1 is not showing up in package manager.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(2,871 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

We have two PCs that had no problems (after updating package manager, and then updating it again, *sigh*).

But on a third PC, the update is simply not there... I'm not sure what else to try or tell about it. Other LabVIEW version have patches available, but 2020f1 is not showing up in package manager.

Make sure the following feed is listed in NI Package Manager: https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-l/ni-labview-2020-x86/20.0/released 

Press the settings cog in the top right corner of NIPM and select "Feeds".  The feed address is in the second column.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 29
(2,838 Views)

I think my LV 2020 CE update went okay, but I did have some false starts where I cancelled because the download went to zero and just stayed there.  (I solved this by doing the update at 2am EDT.  I guess maybe mass downloads were bringing the server to its knees.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(2,834 Views)

And this morning, I discovered this:

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(2,832 Views)

We are on f2 now???

Edit: It seemed like it updated but the splash screen still says f1.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(2,828 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Make sure the following feed is listen in NI Package Manager: https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-l/ni-labview-2020-x86/20.0/released 

Press the settings cog in the top right corner of NIPM and select "Feeds".  The feed address is in the second column.

Somehow f2 did show up, without any change.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(2,824 Views)

@billko wrote:

We are on f2 now???

Edit: It seemed like it updated but the splash screen still says f1.

Yep, I just did the f2 update and my splash screen still showed f1.  It is also taking a very long time to load while taking 20-25% of my CPU.  I haven't rebooted my system yet, so maybe I should do that...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(2,809 Views)