cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLB file is damaged

Solved!
Go to solution

@hadibashiri wrote:

All next backup files are inside the corrupted llb.

Another lesson (maybe already learned): DO NOT rename each VI when you make a new version. This is really silly, although I've seen it done many times before. SCC replaced this trick 25 years ago.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(742 Views)

In Windows Explorer, right click the LLB and open the properties window.  Click the Previous Versions tab.  If you have Windows Backup running, another version should show up here that you can recover.  Good luck. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 12 of 17
(727 Views)

I was able to recover a dozen VIs from your .llb (but not their names, nor their icons).

Note: .llbs can become corrupted if they are on a drive that you remove while LabVIEW has the .llb open.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 13 of 17
(705 Views)

Paul,

I was able to recover a few as well using the method described here but they are showing up as LV2014 files.  Yours are LV2016 files (may need to backsave for the OP).  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(700 Views)

I did get a name for one file.  FindLength.VI

I can't open it but it does say it's a LV2014 file.

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(696 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hadibashiri

Dear friends,

Thank everyone for attempting to solve my problem. I read and checked all the comments. The main vi name is "screw sorting 10" . Now I decided to continue from the last existing backup.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(683 Views)

@hadibashiri wrote:

Dear friends,

Thank everyone for attempting to solve my problem. I read and checked all the comments. The main vi name is "screw sorting 10" . Now I decided to continue from the last existing backup.

Regards.

It's a painful lesson that many, many people (myself included - a loooong time ago) have learned the hard way.  On the positive side... I bet you'll not make the same mistake ever again.  😉  And then you'll find more creative ways to lose your work.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 17 of 17
(670 Views)