cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLB file is damaged

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

My LLB file is damaged and I cannot open it. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,119 Views)
Pull out a copy from your SCC...

Regards, Jens
Kudos are welcome...
Message 2 of 17
(3,111 Views)

Thank you for your reply. what is "SCC". Would you mind explaining me more about how to do it?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,096 Views)

Hi hadibashiri,

SCC means source code control. It's software to keep a history of your source code and should be used for any software development!

As you don't even know about SCC tools you should pick a backup of your source code and get a copy of your LLB.

You made regular backups, did you?

Btw. LLBs aren't recommended anymore by NI for exactly the reason you discovered now: by a small error in the LLB file you lost all VIs in the LLB…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 17
(3,089 Views)

Source Code Control

You do have a way to make backups? Pull out a copy from one of your backups.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,085 Views)

@hadibashiri wrote:

Thank you for your reply. what is "SCC".

A tool for source code control like e.g. subversion. Such a tool provides an implicit backup of your code. So for your case: use your backup files. If you don't have a backup, well... you have learned a lesson.

Best regards

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,084 Views)

This llb is the only thing i have. Inside it "screw sorting2" is the last vi. All next backup files are inside the corrupted llb.

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,069 Views)

well... you have learned a lesson

And for the future I recommend to stop using LLBs. This file format is old-fashoned and not necessary anymore. It was nice in former times when Windows did not allow file names with more than 8 characters. But nowadays it just increases the risk that you loose all your code instead perhaps one vi if there's any corruption within the file.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 8 of 17
(3,067 Views)

This llb is the only thing i have. Inside it "screw sorting2" is the last vi. All next backup files are inside the corrupted llb.

Then you'll probably have to redo your work, starting from that point... Smiley Sad

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,056 Views)

It's a great failure for me, But thank all for replying. Failure is an experience.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,048 Views)