LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINX + Arduino loops faster than 1 ms?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create a physical LED array using Arduino + LINX and making a driver program with Labview. This means that I need to multiplex with loop times in the microseconds. I know that Windows cannot generate a reliable time under 1 ms but I am pretty sure the Arduino can since we are able to simply use the command delayMicroseconds(). Is there any way to use LINX to generate a signal that is faster than what Windows is capable of? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,498 Views)

If the Arduino will run at the speed you need, you should program the function/feature into the Arduino. Then you can try to setup some (slower) communication between LabVIEW/LINX/the host PC and the Arduino for any changes you need - for example, perhaps you can send a LED array pattern (or some suitable input that can be used to determine the pattern) to the Arduino, then run it on the hardware. 

You're unlikely to get anything reliable that requires frequent and specifically timed interaction with a non-RT Windows machine.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johndoe1010

I ended up just making a custom command through LINX containing the Arduino code that I needed. This resource helped. 

Message 3 of 6
(3,409 Views)

please can you share your file which you made it by this method because i need to work with LINX with more loops fast

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,336 Views)

@johndoe1010 wrote:

I ended up just making a custom command through LINX containing the Arduino code that I needed. This resource helped. .

Did you get your loops running faster than 1ms? 

I want my loops closer to 1 microseconds.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,692 Views)

Hi johndoe1010,

How are you? I was wondering if you were successful to lower the delay/loop time in the arduino code creating custom functions as you mentioned in your post. If you did, could share your solution or give more hints on how to do it?

Thank you in advance.

Best, Massimo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,725 Views)