LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Communication - Slave doesn't answer

Hello,

I'm using a 9866 module in LV 2015. I have to communicate with a LIN Slave and I don't have the ldf file.

I have an other system that can play as master. 

I create the ldf file with NI-XNET Database Editor and I read the communication between master and slave with the NI-XNET Bus Monitor. 

I load the LIN Frame Input Output Same Port.vi and if I run it like the master (I turn off the other one) I'm able to send commands to the slave, but I'm not able to read the answer. If I turn on the other master and I run the vi without the master communication I'm able to read the slave answer.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Fabio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,193 Views)

What do you mean by "I turn off the other one" ?

If the frame you're expecting as a reply from the slave is in the schedule transmitted by the master you'll read it using an input session (queued or single-point) on that frame. You can look at the LDF file to make sure this is correct.

--Eric

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,163 Views)

Hello Eric,

I have a customer master LIN that I switch off when I try to use the 9866 in MASTER mode.

Unfortunately I used the input session (queued) and I didn't receive any message. I tryed with Frame In Stream too with the same result.

I'd like to underline that if I run the customer master LIN I can read the messages from the master and from the slave on the NI-XNET bus monitor. I can read the messages on my VI (it is the example: LIN FRAME INPUT OUTPUT SAME PORT) too.

When I run the same VI like Master, I command the slave but I don't read nothing on NI-XNET bus monitor.

thank you very much for your help,

Fabio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,150 Views)

Maybe I wrong the slave NAD. Can I sniff the address of the slave?

Thank you,

Fabio 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,141 Views)

@fabio.int ha scritto:

Maybe I wrong the slave NAD. Can I sniff the address of the slave?

Thank you,

Fabio 

sorry, I read the ID from the NI-XNET Bus Monitor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,137 Views)

Hello,

at the end I received the LDF. Now i didn't understand the schedule table. Can you help me to understand why I have:

1. command;

2. answer;

3. the same answer;

4. the same answer;

5. ….

like you can see on the attached picture?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,854 Views)