Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED push button

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Need help in resolving below given 2 issues:

1. I have a string Combo box(dropdown) having options A,B,C &D. But i need to make these options as  LED push buttons. Is there a way to make a boolean to pass a string value? When pressed A, it should pass the string associated with it(say "Pressure") to the output and when pressed B, it should pass string "Temperature".

2. I have a device say P1.  it polls for status and value in 2 iterations of a for loop(iteration 0 checks status and iteration 1 checks value). when I create a table, i get 2 entries of the same device, one with status and other with value. I want both value and status in a single entry of the device in the table. Can this be done? If yes then I need to make a subVI of this so that I can make a "show table" button in the mainVI which will display the table only when clicked.

Please let me know if the above details are not clear. Looking forward to your suggestions and inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Sushruth.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(4,898 Views)

Hi Sushruth

A possible solution for your #1 (String from Boolean LED.vi) attached.  You will need to set the Caption text of your LEDs to the text you want to pass out ("Pressure", "Temperature" etc.).  I have used Caption, but Label, Tipstrip, Description or any of the other text fields could be used instead.

Not sure I really understand #2.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,886 Views)

For your 1st question you can easily do it by creating event and placing the booleans seperately or in a cluster and passing the required string.

Try posting your code for better solution.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(4,886 Views)

Thanks a lot for the Inputs. I am currently working the the methods for  question 1. I will post the code asap.

Question 2--The table I have designed now is like this:

Device

Status

Value

Unit

T1

Good

T1

T1

°C

This is because i get the data for Status, Value and Unit in 3 different iterations though in each iteration, as you can see the device is the same. I want to present as below:

Device

Status

Value

Unit

T1

Good

°C

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(4,882 Views)

You check whether the device is there already in the table. Then try to use the

invoke node: set cell value for inserting in the table by giving index. This will replace the table entry.

Hope this helps..

Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(4,874 Views)

Either "Append True/False String" or Select can be used to pass a string from a boolean

Select.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(4,844 Views)

Example_VI_BD.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(4,818 Views)

A radio button would seem to fit your requirement. Wire it to a Format Into String and you are done.

You really need to post your code to see how you are building the array for the table.

Message 8 of 26
(4,811 Views)

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Q1 has been resolved. I just made it into an event case. Something like this:

Its working as I wanted. Regarding the Q2, I will upload the code as soon as possible.

Regards,

Sushruth.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(4,805 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(4,803 Views)