From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED always blinking Yellow in executables !

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to make a LED blinks in any other color but yellow which is the default color, i did change this color to green in the VI properties, however when building my .exe i have noticed that the LED still blinking yellow, so i tried to change this color by using property nodes by i didn't figure out how to do it, i even don't know if it can be done by programming, does anyone know how to fix this ?

Thank you,

MGarry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,783 Views)

what hardware are u using? did you try a smal test to see if it works without the rest of the program?

can you share the VI you are using so we can see what is going wrong?

Learning LabVIEW since January 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,775 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, i'm not using any hardware, even if i am i think this has nothing to do with hardware it's only a matter of programming, the VI is created with LV2011, i joint a small program to illustrate the issue in both versions 8.6 and 2011, the LED is blinking RED in the VI ,though once the .exe is built (LV 2011) i can run it and see the LED blinking Yellow.

Thank you,

MGarry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,756 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MGarry

The blink color and rate are global properties - you can open the LabVIEW.ini file and search for the relvant line, then copy it into the application's INI file and restart it. That should set the color.

The line "blinkFG=XXXXXXXX" in the LabVIEW.ini file you're right tst, thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,740 Views)