From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAbVIEW VI failed to compile

Hi,

I have a VI that behaving a bit strange. The VI was running fine however, when I moved a FP control I got a series of labVIEW error dialogues and a message saying there was an error in compiling the VI and the run arrow turned to a broken arrow. I can not get the LabVIEW error dialogues to return so I can not give you the error messages

There are no block diagram errors.

When I click the broken arraow the only error displayed is 'VI Failed to compile', details 'An error occurred in compiling this VI.' there are no further details. This error does not link to the block diagram when i double click it.

Any thoughts? Has anyone come across this before and if so can it be repaired?

Thanks

David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(11,589 Views)

It seems I have not come accross this before. Can you post the error dialog and also the code if possible

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(11,588 Views)

It isn't an error that is generated when I run my code and there are no errors on the block diagram (I have even deleted all code as a test and the error remains!)

LabVIEW has just given me the error again and it says: -

'Compiler error. Report this problem to National Instruments Tech Support.

Control not in owning dco, ddoGenInfo = 0x12FE6ACO'

David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(11,584 Views)

Hi David,

Have you tried holding control and then pressing the broken run arrow to force LabVIEW to recompile the code?

As P Anand suggested, could you post the code so we can have a look at it please?

Does it work if you build the same code in a new VI?

James W
Controls Systems Engineer
STFC
Message 4 of 25
(11,569 Views)

Hi! for me it doesn´t work if I build the code in another VI. I tried to press control and then the broken arrow but it doesn´t work to.

Image Number 1: when I press CTRL+Broken Arrow that window appears

Image Number 2: when I press only the broken arrow

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(11,268 Views)

Here is the image number 2 😄

I hope you can find an answer to repair this soon.... I have to complete a job...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(11,266 Views)

Hi Pas_Rev,

Thank you for posting your issue to the forums. 

I wanted to find out some further information in regards to your issue:

- What version of LabVIEW are you using? Have you created a Real-Time/FPGA type application?

- Has the VI worked previously at all? You mention you have tried recompiling, have you tried creating a new project file and placing the VI within this?

In case you are using the FPGA module, it may be worth looking at the unsupported features to see if one of these function classes is being used and hence, causing the failed compilation. 

Unsupported LabVIEW Features (FPGA Module)

Could you also attach your application for the community so that we can see if we see the same problem. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dom C
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(11,228 Views)

Time to bring in a Heap Peek

1) Close LabVIEW
2) Put the key "LVdebugkeys=True"in the LabVIEW.ini file
3) Open your VI
4) Press CTRL+SHFT+d, then press CTRL+SHFT+h This will turn on an object browser.
5) In the top left list box, select the element that contains the name of your VI and the letters FPHP or BDHP (Front Panel and Block Diagram heaps)
6) In the top right listbox, find the line that is red
7) Click on the F button
😎 Delete this object and recreate it. It will ususally be a wire. (Although in your case it seems likely to be a control or indicator)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 25
(11,216 Views)

Hi Clad19

Thanks for your help, my VI is already working... It was a problem with a wire I think, because a errase it and put it again 3 times and suddendly it begins to work.

Thank you very much for your help

Greetings from Mexico.

Pas_Rev

Message 9 of 25
(11,187 Views)

Hi Clad19

Thanks for your help, my VI is already working... It was a problem with a wire I think, because a errase it and put it again 3 times and suddendly it begins to work.

Thank you very much for your help

Greetings from Mexico.

Pas_Rev

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(11,187 Views)