From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW - MAKING A SIMPLE oscilloscope

Hi,

I have a project to make an oscilloscope using labview.

Ive connected a function generator and sweep function generator to an xy graph.

I can play with it through frequency and amplitude.

The problem is: how do I make a control for TIME per Division and an another control for Voltage per division.

Help please!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(27,760 Views)

I would probably use a knob control.  Change the representation to a I32.  Handle the changing of the values with an event structure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(27,754 Views)

Can you please explain to me how to do that coz Im a beginner (I know about the knob control) ? 

I know that I need some calculations for it to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(27,724 Views)

You need to manipulate the X and Y scaling minimum and maximum properties using the knobs. Quick example (i forgot the autoscaling property which should be turned off for both).

scopecode.png

Scope.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(27,707 Views)

Hi  
I want to design an oscilloscope with data acquisition card usb-6008 and I don't know how to connect daq and equipments. I need to design like above sample but  with daq. I don't have enough time. i need help.

sincerely 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(26,398 Views)

You are more likely to get good help if you ask specific questions.

Look at the DAQ examples. Some of those may be quite similar to an oscilloscope.

You can replace the function generator VI in the snippet posted by BillMe with the DAQ read VI. You might also need to couple the scale knobs to the amplitude range and timing for the DAQ device. That gets significantly more complicated becaues you will need to stop the DAQ task, reconfigure the task, and start it again.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(26,373 Views)
What have you done do far? Please attach the code and explain where you are stuck. Have you done any of the free tutorials? Have you done Help> Find Examples?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(26,370 Views)

Can you please tell me what function that is with the key and ?!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(24,420 Views)
Your question does not make any sense. The snippet above does not have any key. And, since it ids a snippet, you just have to save it to your hard drive and drag it to a block diagram. Then you can use Context Help.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(24,408 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
The snippet above does not have any key

I guess the wrench looks like a key, depending on how you look at it. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(24,403 Views)