From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW DSC module connect to modbus

May i ask a question about DSC Module connected to modbus

For  the DSC Module that i can create Modbus IO sever and then create varible to connected to modbus through Earthnet.

But how can i define the varible address according to modbus address.

For example i want to use 03H coil to read address 4 data. How can i define 03H coil in the labview varible address list.

Thanks

Daniel

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,306 Views)

You just need to select the variable name and type according to this table:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371618J-01/lvmve/dsc_modbus_using/

I don't know what "03H" is, but if you want to read from coil#4 you'd create a boolean variable bound to 000004, if you wanted to read holding registers #5 and #6 into a single precision floating point, you'd create a sgl variable bound to F400004. My guess would be you want to subindex a register, in which case you'd ***** 400004.03. Just put this in the bind-to field of the shared variable and it will automatically grab the data for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,260 Views)

Hi Smithed

Glad to receive your reply. I once read this help document before but still have some confusing about it.  What i want to read the modbus address is" The function coil is 03 and the address is 06H" . This function that i can achieve it by modbus library(read holding register.vi) read input . But i do not know how to achieve it by bound varible. 

2.jpg

First what is the address meaning? type 06? 

1.jpg

And how can i chose the boundary address. For the name of description that i choose "400001–465535 "(Holding register). But how can i define it? that i will define 400006. but follow that setup that i can not read what i want?

So may i ask how can i to define them that follow my previous description.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,231 Views)

Hope this post will not be sinked and any one can give me help

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,213 Views)

With DSC 2014 release, you can choose to use Modbus LabVIEW APIs on the palette. Have you tried that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,064 Views)