From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW-ARDUINO Compatibilité

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I saw there is a library which is dedicated to Arduino (called LINX). However, it’s not an “official” library and it could have some bugs.
I would like to have your feedback on this library.

My goal is to use Arduino with LABVIEW to control some multiplexers and sensors (temperature and humidity).

Otherwise feel free to tell me if you know some product (NI or not) which can do the same thing (but which costs less then 1k€ !)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

PS : Sorry for my English I am French !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leoleoleo24

Hi/Salut,

LINX is the 'most official' toolkit for Arduino - it is actually made by NI (although it's not an 'official' LV toolkit) and it is quite mature now so it should be fine to use in your project. Many people have used it successfully.

Note that all LINX does is give you a pre-made sketch for the Arduino to access the I/O and handles all of the serial communications between the Arduino and LabVIEW - it also supports custom commands so you can customise the sketch to add in additional functionality.

However, there is nothing to stop you from writing your own sketch and implementing your own serial protocol using NI-VISA to do the communications.

Oh, there's also the LabVIEW Compiler for Arduino.

Whether or not Arduino is suitable or not depends on what sort of resolution/accuracy you require for your sensor measurements etc. - it's a microcontroller so it doesn't have the same sampling rates / resolution / accuracy of a proper DAQ device.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,744 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leoleoleo24

Thank you for your quick answer.

I'll look closely to this Labview Compiler Arduino.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,724 Views)