LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kvaser Leaf light does not show up in max even after refreshing

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry for asking stupid things...... jst that I am really new to Labview and I am not able to figure out the kvaser library easily.

Can you tell me one last thing ........ In the channel handle what value is to be passed .....It does not accept the channel no. value ...

Thnx for all the help man

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by aditya1992

Try turning the bus off and closing the channel:

Example_VI_BD.png

Thanks for prompting me to look into this.  It looks like I can get 64 channels before seeing the Error -9.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,005 Views)

It seems to be working .... thnkx for the help man .... thnkx a lot

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,000 Views)

Don't worry about what you think are "stupid things"; learning LabVIEW with the Kvaser library is sure to be tough.

I'm not sure that the channel handle is anything more than a reference to the connection that the canlib dll uses.  Just wire it from the kvCanOpenChannel.vi to everything you want to do with that channel.  I don't think you can count on it being the same, especially if you have multiple CAN devices or if you don't close the channel when you're done with it.

Now that we're discussing this, it seems that I've done this before:

Example_VI_BD.png

You're welcome 🙂

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(998 Views)