Did you mean: 

Kollmorgen AKD communication with Labview Ethernet/IP drivers

Try this.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 59
(3,278 Views)

Hi Doug,

Perfect thanks.  There are a few SubVIs from the PostAlarm.vi that are missing now:

G_Alarms.vi
G_AlarmManagement.vi
LabViewErrorClusterToString.vi

Just for completeness, it would be great if you could upload these too for anyone who wants to make use of your (extremely useful! Smiley Happy) code.

Kind Regards,

Oli
LabVIEW Student Ambassador
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 59
(3,275 Views)

Post alarm is integrated into my main architecture.  Just remove it and place a standard alarm or your own.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 59
(3,264 Views)

I am so sorry if my question is so stupid to you but I am a very new user of LabView and this is a big problem for me at least! We are going to control a Kollmorgen servomotor with Labview and I was said that we need to use MODBUS protocol for this purpose. I want to know what exactly we need to use (hardware and software) to communicate between Labview and Kollmorgen servomotor through MODBUS. The servomotor model is: AKM53L-ANCNC-00

Again, I am sorry for this wired question.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 59
(3,116 Views)

You can't talk directly to a servo motor.  You need to talk to the servo drive like the AKD model and the drive will control the motor.  Your Kollmorgen supplier can help you pick the correct motor and drive combination.  The basic AKD servo drive talks modbus, so you don't need to order any special options.

You don't need any hardware on the Labview side, just the PC Ethernet port.

Message 25 of 59
(3,112 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to say that we also have the AKD unit which comes with the servomotor so it is not a problem. As I understood, we do not need to to add any hardware for communication. I am asking because we are going to have a Ni DAQ to control the sensors like pressure sensor, torque sensor, LVDT and load cell. Thats why I was thinking some other module needs to be used in order to control the servomotor but based on what you said I guess I was wrong. Please correct me if I am still wrong. 

About the ethernet port, Do we need the port to connect the AKD to the PC? 

Thanks againg for your support.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 59
(3,106 Views)

I was successful getting Modbus communication/control with the Kolmorgen AKD drives after downloading the Modbus VI library from NI (http://www.ni.com/example/29756/en/). I have attached an example of communicating with three AKD drives. I hope you can open it. I would download the Modbus VI library and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\user.lib

Next, download attached files and open "RunTimeHost" in the "KolmorgenModbusEx\Users\Public\Documents\NX_SVE\Host" directory.

Lemme know if you are able to follow it... Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 59
(3,098 Views)

Thanks a lot for the files. Unfortunately, my LabView version is 2012 and I could not open the files. Is there any way for you to save them in 2012 version? I appreciate in advance. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 59
(3,084 Views)
Message 29 of 59
(3,076 Views)

Thank you so much for the updated file. It really helps. I still have some concerns about the needed hardware though. I have AKD unit but on the Labview side what kind of hardware I need to provide? I have 7 sensors that their output is mv/Volt and I was said I need to have Ni 9237 module to connect the sensor. I also have a digimatic LVDT that I do not know what kind of module I need to provide for that. This is the LVDT link: http://ecatalog.mitutoyo.com/ABSOLUTE-Digimatic-Indicator-ID-C-Series-543-Standard-Type-C1198.aspx

I also do not have any idea about any needed hardware for MODBUS communication. I was said in an earlier post that I do not need anything elase but I just want to make sure. 

All in all, I need to design a DAQ that can handle 7 sensors with mv/Volts output, 1 LVDT and also can control a servomotor through MODBUS. What kind of modules, Chassis and other stuff I need to build a perfect DAQ?

Again, I am sorry if my question is stupid or not related to the topic. I need to finalize the DAQ design ASAP!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 59
(3,061 Views)