LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kollmorgen AKD communication with Labview Ethernet/IP drivers

This vi will convert the modbus commands to a string.  You can have this in your code, but I chose to use it only to create the string that I send.

Message 11 of 59
(4,466 Views)

Any chance of getting that convert to string vi in Labview 2010 compatibility? 

Message 12 of 59
(4,462 Views)

Wow, no thanks or Kudos but a request to convert?  Sure I would be glad to for a fellow member.

Message 13 of 59
(4,456 Views)

Sorry, MANY THANKS AND KUDOS!!! too focused on programming to be a decent human being I guess, my apologies!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 59
(4,454 Views)

I was just joking with you about the thanks and/or kudos.

I often can't help people very much since there are so many people on this forum smarter than me.  Since I get so much good info, I like to help when I can. 

If you run into any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.  I was able to make my AKD drive work and it has been running fine in the customer plant.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 59
(4,438 Views)

The screen shot I made before of the write command is wrong, it is really a read.  Here is writing the command to home the servo.

Home.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 59
(4,440 Views)

nonecure, would you post a copy of your code? I may have to utilize this LAC as well, and this would help out so much!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 59
(4,326 Views)

Attached is my code for the Kollmorgen servo.  The servo engine vi runs in the background, and the servo request vi allows your app to send and receive commands to and from the engine.  The test manager vi is what I use to test this out standalone.  I am using the dynamic mapping feature of the drive, so I am reading/writing the 8192 area of the drive.  The dynamic map file shows the mapping I used.

-Doug

Download All
Message 18 of 59
(4,319 Views)

Sweet! Thanks. Kudos!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 59
(4,316 Views)

Hi Doug,

Do you have a copy of 'PostAlarm.vi' and 'G_System.vi' that you can post up to accompany your code.  These weren't included in the zip file.

Kind Regards,

Oli

Oli
LabVIEW Student Ambassador
National Instruments UK
Message 20 of 59
(4,296 Views)