LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kiosk mode in LabVIEW

Hi

Has anyone created a tool or have knowledge of such for enabling a kind of kiosk mode in LabVIEW.

I need :

- Disable Ctrl-Esc, Windows button, Alt+tab. And basically all key combinations that brings up a window dialog/app.

- Hide the taskbar

And so on...

I know it can be done manipulating the registry and group policy editor but I rather control it from the application.

Regards Kahr
Certified LabVIEW Architect
CIM A/S
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,646 Views)

In the past all I did was replaced the Explorer shell with my built EXE.  Then Windows Explorer isn't started, and once the user logs in, instead of getting the Windows they are familiar with they just get my program.  No start menu, no run menu, and a few shortcuts work like CTRL+ALT+Delete but you can disable the task manager in group policy so all that does is allow the user to log off.  I would query the Windows accounts and if the account that is logged in has Administrator privileges I would enable a button on my UI that just runs Explorer.exe.

One downside I did find is without Explorer the UI environment went into a more classic look without Metro, or Aero UI stuff and most of my fonts and icons were changed slightly.  So later I actually would run Explorer, and on startup run my program, which would task kill explorer which keeps the UI themes for the user.

Message 2 of 7
(3,615 Views)

In addition: try WinaeroTweaker: https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.1836 , it helps to tweak (as the name suggests) some of the interface-related options, like disabling some notifications, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,599 Views)

did you found the way to execute a labview app .exe using windows kiosk mode?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,215 Views)

Hi,

yes I did it in the past, the key point in my opinion was to use "gpedit.msc" (it is the windows app to configure that kind of stuff)

From there you can replace explorer.exe with your labview app and also disable key combination etc...

All the best

Golzio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,207 Views)

but, you are not using the Kiosk mode?

because, at this time I'm using "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\Shell"

it work fine, but still Users have access to windows using Ctrl-Alt-Del

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,198 Views)

I'm talking about this (gpedit.msc):

Agolzio_1-1605882333465.png

and this for key combinations:

Agolzio_2-1605882411560.png

All the best

Golzio

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7