LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killing a plink process

I think a better solution for this is to use the .NET Process library - you can use it to launch executables like system exec, but it returns (or can find) a reference to the executable - there's also methods in there for shutting down - either gracefully or by killing the task.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 11 of 15
(1,050 Views)

Oh thanks for that! I shall have bit more look into that, it may help solve the problem more gracefully.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,048 Views)

Looking at your suggestion of using .NET Process Library to launch executables and it seems like a better way of handling things, however I am new and unfamiliar to .NET Process calls. I was wondering is there a way to maintain an interactive session using .NET Process calls instead of just using it to send one command and get a reply back?

Eg. start plink.exe->send commands->wait for reply->send other commands->wait for reply->exit plink.exe (all in the same session)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,018 Views)

Yes - I posted about it in this thread and included a basic example: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Real-time-Command-Line-Interface-System-Exec/td-p/3182891

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 14 of 15
(1,013 Views)

Oh fantastic I believe this is exactly what I am after. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,010 Views)