From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight InfiniiVision 3000T X-Series Oscilloscopes - RECall:SETup

Hello,

I am reading the manual "Keysight InfiniiVision 3000T X-Series Oscilloscopes" and I am not sure to understand the command RECall:SETup[:STARt] [<file_spec>]

I copy and paste the area I try to understand maybe someone can help me understand how to use the Recall function to load a previously saved scope configuration.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Command Syntax :RECall:SETup[:STARt] [<file_spec>]
<file_spec> ::= {<internal_loc> | <file_name>}
<internal_loc> ::= 0-9; an integer in NR1 format
<file_name> ::= quoted ASCII string
The :RECall:SETup[:STARt] command recalls an oscilloscope setup

If a file extension is provided as part of a specified <file_name>, it must be ".scp".

Here are my questions,
- I understand the termes in brackets are optional, what does [:STARt] is useful for?
- Can I use the following syntax (3 lines below) as an example to use the Recall command ?

RECall:SETup[:STARt] [<file_spec>]
<file_spec> ::= {<file_name>}
<file_name> ::= "mysetup.scp"

- What does the file mysetup.scp must contain? What is the format of this file to be correcly read ? 
Do I have the save the scope set-up into the file mysetup.scp ?

Also is there a possibility to use this command directly into labview without using NI MAX ?

Using an equivalent command line.

Thanks for your help,
Fabien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,960 Views)

Hello,

I am reading the manual "Keysight InfiniiVision 3000T X-Series Oscilloscopes" and I am not sure to understand the command RECall:SETup[:STARt] [<file_spec>]

I copy and paste the area I try to understand maybe someone can help me understand how to use the Recall function to load a previously saved scope configuration.

If a file extension is provided as part of a specified <file_name>, it must be ".scp".

Here are my questions,
- I understand the termes in brackets are optional, what does [:STARt] is useful for?
- Can I use the following syntax (3 lines below) as an example to use the Recall command ?

- What does the file mysetup.scp must contain? What is the format of this file to be correcly read ? 

Also is there a possibility to use this command directly into labview without using NI MAX ?

Thanks for your help,
Fabien

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,960 Views)

Hello,

Here are my questions,

Thanks for your help,
Fabien

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,957 Views)

Hello,

What is the communication port you have used. Serial,GPIB??

You can use SCPI commands using NI visa with Labview or trying using the LabVIEW drivers.( I have so far not used scope. Hence don't know about that.). Hope it helps.

(Try not to duplicate the thread.You have asked same in 3 threads)

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,946 Views)

Hello,

I use GPIB communication.

Thanks,

Fabien

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,941 Views)

Hello,

if possible find the Labview driver and use it. If not,try to Understand the SCPI commands first . try executing the SCPI commands from NI Max. (basic *IDN? to start with. reply shall be the model and other info). you can avoid lowercase chars in the SCPI command mention the colon properly. If it works in the max it should work in VISA labview.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,935 Views)

Here are my questions,

Since it is optional. Why would it matter what [:STARt] is useful? My guess it is to maintain backwards compatibility.

Depending on your language of choice, those commands would work but obviously not in the order that you put them in. The command you should be sending is RECall:SETup "mysetup.scp"

- What does the file mysetup.scp must contain?

That would be explained in the manual that you have attached. The fastest way to get a "mysetup.scp" would be to manually push buttons on the scope and save a setup file. Then simply use the file in the above command.

Have you looked at the "GPIB with VISA functions.vi" example. It is a nice and simple method of sending and receiving commands.

VISA GPIB Cmd.PNG

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,920 Views)

Hello,

Each time I acquire a new measure on my scope DSOX3034T, I have a horizontal delay that appear even if I previously set it up at 0.

I have searched in the user manual "To adjust the horizontal delay (position)" page 51 and in this topic

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-i-can-avoid-the-delay-in-tektronix-scope-using-labview/td-p/383...

To have a a good measure, I have to push the rotative button in the horizontal menu (see image embedded) at each different measure.

I do not understand which option I have to set in my scope so that the delay stays at 0 all the time.

Can someone help ?

I guess it can be done in Labview but also in the scope set up.

Thanks,

Fabien

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,854 Views)

Hello,

When the set-up of my oscillo DSOX3034T was OK, I have sent through NIMAX the following query:

:SYSTEM:SETUP? and here is the result I get:

:SYSTEM:SETUP?
1: Write Operation (:SYSTEM:SETUP?) (ASCII Only)

Return Count: 14 bytes

2: Read Operation
Return Count: 1024 bytes
#800166255<setup prod="InfiniiVision" ver="07.20.2017102614"
srver="3.0">..<command_section/>..<control_section>..<ctrl
type="enum">..<name>expandMode</name>..<val>0,"ground"</val>..</
ctrl>..<ctrl type="enum">..<name>wfmAntialiasing</name>..<val>1,
"on"</val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl type="enum">..<name>storeDemoState</
name>..<val>0,"off"</val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl
type="enum">..<name>screenSaverSelect</name>..<val>2,"logo"</
val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl type="i32">..<name>screenSaverTimeout</
name>..<val>120</val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl
type="str">..<name>screenSaverText</name>..<val>KEYSIGHT
TECHNOLOGIES</val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl
type="enum">..<name>delayedMainView</name>..<val>0,"zoomWin"</
val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl type="enum">..<name>autoscaleMode</
name>..<val>1,"custom"</val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl
type="enum">..<name>autoscaleFastDebugMode</name>..<val>0,"off"</
val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl type="enum">..<name>autoscaleChan</
name>..<val>1,"all"</val>..</ctrl>..<ctrl
type="enum">..<name>autoscaleTrig</name>..<val>1,"edge"</val>..</
ctrl>..<ctrl type="enum">..<n

I have sent the query :SYSTEM:SETUP? to save the set-up of my scope but I notice right now that the format of the file mysetup.scp is very different of the response of my query. For example I have saved the actual setup in a file "setup-save-NOK.scp" that contains the content of the txt file embedded.

If I had a section like that in this file and if I load it in the scope:

<ctrl type="enum">
<name>delayedMainView</name>
<val>0,"zoomWin"</val>
</ctrl>

Do you think I can get back the delay at 0 ns ?

Or do you suggest another method ?

Thanks,

Fabien

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,849 Views)