From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight 34461A Won't Work with NI-VISA

Hi,

I wrote a LabVIEW program that communicates with: two NI 9482 relays connected to my Dell laptop via an NI cDAQ-9174 chassis, as well as a Keysight 34461A DMM. I'm using LabVIEW 2018 (32 bit) with NI-VISA 18.5 and NI-DAQmx 18.6 installed. For the Keysight instrument I installed plug and play drivers by drag and dropping the files into the '.libr' folder. The program works seamlessly without issues.

I then bundled my '.vi' into an '.exe' file and moved it to a Dell 7212 Latitude tablet. This machine is running the same version of Windows (Windows 10). LabVIEW runtime engine 2018 (32 bit) was installed, along with the full versions of DAQmx 18.6 and NI-VISA 18.5. Upon launching the ',exe' I am able to run the vi and control the relays but NOT the DMM. NI-MAX also recognizes the relays but not the DMM. I can see the DMM through Windows device manager, but I receive the error shown in the attached PNG file. I have called both Keysight and National Instruments support but am still unable to figure out what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,044 Views)

If the PC running the .exe is a runtime version of LabVIEW I would recommend using the runtime versions of DAQmx and NI-VISA, instead of the full version as you described. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,021 Views)

Create an installer for your executable.  The installer build will make sure you have all the stuff you need to run the executable.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,011 Views)