From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcut for probe

Is there a keyboard shortcut for switching to the probe tool? I would like to map the shortcut to a button on my mouse so that I do not have to go through the tools menu to select the probe tool.

Is there a pre-existing shortcut, and if not, can I add one?

Labview 2015 x64 and x32

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,881 Views)
You can add your own combination in Tools->Options->Menu Shortcuts
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,871 Views)

Not too helpful, that menu region is just for the menus on the top (file, save, run), but does not have buttons for the tools.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,858 Views)

Not too helpful, that menu region is just for the menus on the top (file, save, run), but does not have buttons for the tools.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,857 Views)

Can you explain which tool exactly pointing to?

-What i thought is to open Probe Watch Window(I set as Ctrl+\ )shortcut.png

Edit: If you meant Tool selection-> You can make Automatic tool selection and use http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/tools

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,850 Views)

Is "right click wire -> Probe" too much for you to do for your probes?

Do you use probes so much that you need a better way to do them with just one click?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,846 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. I am aware of the proble watch window, but I would like to use the place probe tool itself. Automatic tool selection does not switch to tool when I mouse over a wire when the program is not running. I will probably use the probe watch windows hotkey as well.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,843 Views)