From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Wedge Help

Hi Eric,

I would think that writing a line end character to the active cell would do this for you. Other than that, you can try using an event structure to capture the enter key, then programmatically get and change the active cell location. I am pretty sure I have seen examples on how to do this with ActiveX. At least the changing the active cell programmatically part.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(485 Views)

Sorry I did not intend this to post twice

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(347 Views)

Hi Eric,

I came across your post when looking at what is available for this in the commercial market. There is lots of options but none that do just what you want...I wanted to ask if you ended up finishing what you built. I like the idea of labview as you can customize it however you want to do what you want. Before I ask our labview guy I wanted to see where you go to. Instead of reinventing the wheel maybe be able to see what you have as a jumping off point and go from there.

Thanks for your time.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(346 Views)

I did but it ended up being proprietary.

Look into the Systems.Forms.SendKeys.SendWait method of the .NET Framework. That was my "ah-ha" moment.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(326 Views)

Thanks Eric, I appreciate the advice and direction...Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(316 Views)