From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KeyFocus Change Event

I wanted to trap changes in key focus, but there's no built-in event for it.  I couldn't find anything online that someone had already built, so I invented my own.  It's a bit messy under the hood, but fairly clean at the top level.

Captured001.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,585 Views)

My Christmas wishlist:

Labview 2016

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,581 Views)

Nothing happened for me when I clicked either the Boolean button or the Stop button (the latter I understand ...).

I understand the logic of putting the code in a library (an .lvlib file).  But what is the reason/are the advantages of using a .llb to further "bundle" these routines?  [I partly answered my own question by using LabVIEW Help, including the Saving VIs section, but I'm still a bit unsure I completely "get it" ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,561 Views)

Clicking on the Boolean doesn't give it  key focus.

I use .llbs as a convenient way to package a set of related VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,512 Views)

Here's an improved version.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,503 Views)

I guess you all kudoed this (mine) idea?

😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,502 Views)

Wow, a 5-year-old, 130 (now 131) Kudo'ed Idea still hanging in there.  Go, GerdW!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,484 Views)

On that old post, someone wanted the event data to include info about which control previously had focus.

This raises the question: The 'previous control' on the current VI, or the 'previous control' on any VI?

The first would be fairly easy to add.  The second, I haven't figured out a way to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,467 Views)

After many machinations, I came up with a version that works with multiple simultaneous VIs and also with multi-pane VIs.

Download All
Message 9 of 9
(3,439 Views)