LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Binding in Three Button Dialog

It appears that, as part of LabVIEW 8.0's new Focus vs. Toggle Key Binding, the Three Button Dialog only responds to <Enter> and <Escape> key presses by focusing on the OK / Cancel buttons (instead of toggling them.)

I didn't have any problem updating "Three Button Dialog.vi" and "Three Button Dialog CORE.vi" to use the Toggle Key Binding property but I wondered if this has been fixed in newer versions...

Cheers,

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,095 Views)
Hi Jeff,

I am not sure what you mean, because you can toggle through the buttons using the TAB key?
Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,047 Views)
Aashish, you're right that you can tab through, but...

In an OK/Cancel dialog, the Enter key typically triggers the OK action (or button), and Escape key, the Cancel action.

This is generally quicker than mousing or tabbing through, and is pretty standard UI behavior.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,018 Views)

Looking at 3 Button Core in LV 8.5.1, it looks like the toggle key for the left button is bound to enter.  Nothing else for the other two buttons.

However, you can create a constant on the 3 button dialog box that has a connector for "Keyboard Shortcuts"  If you create that constant, you can add shortcuts for the center button and the right ("Cancel") button.  Look up the help for the Toggle Key Binding Property node.  It's not the default behavior for the 3 button dialog, but it isn't to hard to setup programmatically.

See attached.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 05-30-2008 09:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,009 Views)