LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley connexion problem with MAX

Hi everybody,

I have a problem finding a Keithley device in LabView Measurement and Automation Explorer (Max, version 4.6).

I have entered all necessary network parameters in windows (ip adress, subnet mask, etc...) and if I ping the Keithley through the windows command box, I get an answer, so no connexion problem. But when I want to add it in Max, automatic detection doesn't work, and if I enter the ip adress manually and validate I get an error message saying that the device cannot be found and containing the Visa error code 0xBFFF0011.

I have also tried to add it with a raw socket using the port number that I find in the Keithley, it still doesn't work... The most puzzling is that I have another PC running under the same OS, with the same version of Max and the same parameters, and it works on this pc!!

Please help me, I'm getting desperate...

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,092 Views)

Hello.

As you say the same instrument works with another computer, have you checked if the firewall configuration is the same on both computers?

Did you try to connect your instrument directly to the computer through a local nertwork?

DO you have the same version of the NI-VISA drivers on both computers?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,066 Views)