cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 6221 and Stanford Research SR830 AC readings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need help plotting AC from KE-6221 vs voltage/phase from SR830. I got the SR830 to read voltage/phase vs time. I want to send an AC to the SR830 and have it return the voltage on a plot and save that data to a text file. I really need help reading the KE-6221's AC.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,642 Views)

Hi!

I could not find the Instrument Driver for the Keithley device neither in LabVIEW nor NI Instrument Driver Network, so I cannot really understand the VI you posted. Are you using a public  instrument driver or you created it? Public instruments driver typically come examples, have you try them?

Regards,

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,599 Views)

The 6221 driver comes directly from Keithley's website

https://www.tek.com/specialty-instruments/6220-software/622x-native-labview-2009-driver-version-100-...

the SR830 comes from NI.

The wave gen is an example given. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,597 Views)

Hello!

From what I can see in the example, it is used to generate a signal with the KE-6221. I took a quick look at the VI included in this instrument driver but I do not see any VI to measure the generated data back.

You can use the Simulate Signal Express VI to generate a waveform with the same parameters as the ones configured in "Setup the selected waveform type" section.

Regards.

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,590 Views)

If this is the case then my data cannot be measured in real time. I wanted to have both devices synchronized, their data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,577 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author theInfiniteOne

Hi,

In that is the case, I recommend you to go to the device manual or manufacturer to consult if the generated data can be access via software.

You also can take a look at the command list for this device and see if there is one to read back the generated data.

Regards,

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,571 Views)