From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 6221 and Stanford Research SR830 AC readings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need help plotting AC from KE-6221 vs voltage/phase from SR830. I got the SR830 to read voltage/phase vs time. I want to send an AC to the SR830 and have it return the voltage on a plot and save that data to a text file. I really need help reading the KE-6221's AC.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,635 Views)

Hi!

I could not find the Instrument Driver for the Keithley device neither in LabVIEW nor NI Instrument Driver Network, so I cannot really understand the VI you posted. Are you using a public  instrument driver or you created it? Public instruments driver typically come examples, have you try them?

Regards,

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,592 Views)

The 6221 driver comes directly from Keithley's website

https://www.tek.com/specialty-instruments/6220-software/622x-native-labview-2009-driver-version-100-...

the SR830 comes from NI.

The wave gen is an example given. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,590 Views)

Hello!

From what I can see in the example, it is used to generate a signal with the KE-6221. I took a quick look at the VI included in this instrument driver but I do not see any VI to measure the generated data back.

You can use the Simulate Signal Express VI to generate a waveform with the same parameters as the ones configured in "Setup the selected waveform type" section.

Regards.

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,583 Views)

If this is the case then my data cannot be measured in real time. I wanted to have both devices synchronized, their data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author theInfiniteOne

Hi,

In that is the case, I recommend you to go to the device manual or manufacturer to consult if the generated data can be access via software.

You also can take a look at the command list for this device and see if there is one to read back the generated data.

Regards,

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,564 Views)