LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 24XX Information

Hi all,

First of all just wanna say if my questions will sound a little silly im just starting to get to know LabView. Smiley Happy

In the Keithley 24XX Sweep and aquire measurements example the same sampling count is sent to the function that configures the sweep and the one that triggers the sensing.

Do these two values need to be the same or are they independent, what i am thinking is that the sweep is done automatically while the second fuction which is polymorphic is set to get the sample count as extra samples in order to use them to get a mean or something on the same voltage level (if

voltage is sourced and current is sensed).

Thanks and sorry again if my question is too rookie Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,095 Views)

Hi Malakeh

Are you using the driver pack from the driver network
(http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=25B255F3AA83660EE0440003BA7CCD...)?

To run the example which you posted I had to download the driver from the link above.

The reason why the it is set to read the number that are written are read back as this will stop the situation arising where the string communication is invalid or sections unrecognisable. That is to say that all sections are accounted for. 

Regards

Robert

National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,064 Views)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your answer :).

I posted this and after going through ALL :)) the instructions on the Keithley manual i understood what was happening in there, what i thought was that the there could be a different variable for the trigerring and the setting of points in the configuration of sweep function while obvisously that cannot happen.

From what i have read if i am not mistaken, in order to make consecutive hardware sweeps in the keithley, another code must be added, and i think the sweep's that can be made are limited by the number of points in each sweep ( sweeps available = 2500/ # of points in each sweep) so i have decided just to make the VI that i posted a subVI and use in a for loop in order to have more flexibility. 

Would be really nice if someone made some more explanatory notes for newbies in LabView for these drivers. 🙂

But again thanks for taking the time to answer.

Cheers

Malakeh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,060 Views)