From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2450 sweep_current limit while maintaining voltage increase

Hello, 

I'm using Keithley 2450 sourcemeter for IV sweeping

I'm trying to source voltage sweep with current compliance; however, the voltage does not increase after the current limit point. 

I'm using example of keithley 2450 read_single and I included <For loops> for sweeping voltage. 

Same issues happen with the example keithley 2450 sweep and aquire.  

I attached a picture explaining my situation 

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

sweep.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,423 Views)

Hi Richard,

@Richard2 wrote:

I'm trying to source voltage sweep with current compliance; however, the voltage does not increase after the current limit point. 

What does the device manual say about this behaviour?

Does it describe a way to create your measurement with limited current while increasing voltage?

In case of "Yes!": which commands to you need to send to the device?

After all the device is controlled via SCPI commands: you can always create your own VI to send commands and receive the measurement data, as SCPI simply means "Use VISA fro device communication"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,330 Views)

This is really a Keithley forum question about how SMUs work.  They have a few modes you can use when you hit a source limit.  You will want to read the manual (p 6-91) for the :SOURce:SWEep:VOLTage:X <failAbort> feature.  In almost all cases the default is to disable the output on compliance limit and stop the sweep.  You can however change that behaviour to continue the sweep and hold V/I at the compliance limit using the SCPI command previously mentioned.

Hope that helps,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,310 Views)