LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kalman filter dimesion error

Hi, 

I am working on the implementation of the Kalman filter. However, I can not run the following vi and it gives me an error that "Control Design and Simulation:  The dimensions of the covariance matrix are improper.". This might be a very basic question since I am new to LabVIEW. I checked the dimensions of matrices and filter tuning parameters, but I can not figure out where I am doing wrong. The input and output measuremnets to Kalman filter block is just arbitrary, they will be retrieved later from real plant model.

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mustafa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,979 Views)

Hello msalman1, 

Are you receiving an error message and number when you are running or compiling your application? 

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,932 Views)

Hi,

I am having the following compilation error. I checked the dimensions of matrices but no clue about it.

Possible reason(s):

Control Design and Simulation: The dimensions of the covariance matrix are improper.

Complete call chain:
NI_CD_Dynamic Analysis.lvlib:cd_Check Covariance.vi
SIM Verify Stochastic State-Space and Noise Models with xhat(0) and P(0).vi:1150001
SIM Disc KF Pred and Corr with Pred Gain with Checking Indirect Distributor Core Sim.vi:600001
SIM Disc KF Pred and Corr with Pred Gain with Checking Indirect Distributor Sim.vi:670001
Filter_sGopen (1).vi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,926 Views)