LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KNOB DESIGN HELP

hi every body...

am using LABView 2009.

now i have to start  design a VIRTUAL RADIO RECEVER in labview.

i need to tune the frequency by using knob... the range of the knob will be 0 to 6000000hz..

here my problem is i have to design a knob such that,, 

To increase the frequency range i should rotate the knob in clock wise direction continously...

To decrease the frequency range i should rotate the knob in anti-clock wise direction.... and once if it reaches min or max range if i further rotate the knob.. it should maintain 0 or 6000000hz.. 

help please.......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,339 Views)

@dhana wrote:

hi every body...

am using LABView 2009.

now i have to start  design a VIRTUAL RADIO RECEVER in labview.

i need to tune the frequency by using knob... the range of the knob will be 0 to 6000000hz..

here my problem is i have to design a knob such that,, 

To increase the frequency range i should rotate the knob in clock wise direction continously...

To decrease the frequency range i should rotate the knob in anti-clock wise direction.... and once if it reaches min or max range if i further rotate the knob.. it should maintain 0 or 6000000hz.. 

help please.......

How accurate do you need to be on the frequency? Are you going to have a digital display to tune the frequency? Are you going to need stops along the way so if you get it close to 15000 that it snaps to 15000?

A 0 - 6000000 is going to be really hard to use unless you make it log rhythmic

You could use a gauge or knob control from the numeric pallet and just customize them. You can place it on the front panel and right click. This will allow you to get to the properties and set up the min and max. You can also set up limits on the data entry and have it coerce the numbers see below:

Example-1.png

Then you can set up the range in the next tab: See below:

Example-2.png

That should get you started

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,329 Views)

I think the poster is asking for a multi-turn knob. Various techniques and examples have been posted before. Try these two threads as a start:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Multi-turn-Spin-Knob-Needed/m-p/974338/highlight/true#M436844

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Any-LabVIEW-2009-Front-Panel-Gage-displayed-as-Continuous-360/td-p/1...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,311 Views)

Thanks for reply...

yes.. exactly,. i need multi turn knob....

i ll try the links abouve you mentioned and i ll reply back u soon...

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,291 Views)