From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a quick question about cluster appearance

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, this is Matthew, just a quick question about cluster appearance

Is there anyway to rearrange the order of the items? I know by switching off autosizing, I could move the items by hand. But if I use the cluster somewhere else, I would have to move the items again... 

What I want is in the order of  "Mx My Mz Ax Ay Az Temp Voltage CS".

Is there a quicker way to deal with it?

Thz so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,196 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author coolmatthew

You can right-click the border of the cluster and choose "Reorder controls in cluster..." The user interface isn't as intuitive as it could be, but it will let you rearrange the items. If you are using the cluster in several locations, you should make the cluster into a type definition, and replace all existing uses of that cluster with the type definition so that they will all match. They will also update automatically when you make changes to the type definition. Otherwise you might have a situation where you have several clusters with identical data types but with elements in a different order, and your data will get relabeled when you wire the clusters together. The data will be in the same order, but since the element labels are in a different order, you may not get the data you want when you unbundle by name.

Message 2 of 3
(2,190 Views)

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! Appreciate your kind help, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,185 Views)