From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joystick or gamepad type buttons for motion control

I am locking for buttons to put on the screen that look like a gamepad control. This would be to manually drive and automated peace of equipment around when it goes in upset condition or can't resolve a maneuver. I'm just looking for 6 or 8 buttons arrange in a circle or someting to drive in 6 or 8 different directions. Are there any add-on for LabView 8.0 that would look like a gamepad or something.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,414 Views)
Are you looking for a way to imitate a joystick?
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but you can customize a boolean control so it looks like whatever you want.

Regards Andreas

Message Edited by Klump on 04-05-2007 02:43 AM

There's three different kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,403 Views)

You should be able to make a control like this in a few minutes.  Essentially make a cluster with 6 or 8 buttons in the arrangment you desire (emulating a game pad).  I would make the cluster background and border transparend and group the buttons.  Making the control a typdef will also make the software more manageable.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,396 Views)

Thanks for your input. Basically what Im looking for is some nice digital buttons to display on the screen. I have no problem with the logic.

I down loaded and tried your VI's Klump but I'm using LabView 8.0. That's OK. I'll see if I can't upgrade.

My supervisor was also mentioning some siders that up drag up to drive forward but springs back to zero when you release it. That's for next week.

Can I make buttons in LabView or do I have to use the basic rectangular buttons.

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,384 Views)
You can customize the buttons in labview to look however you wish.  This includes changing the picture and/or decals on the front of the button.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,374 Views)