LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joystick or gamepad type buttons for motion control

I am locking for buttons to put on the screen that look like a gamepad control. This would be to manually drive and automated peace of equipment around when it goes in upset condition or can't resolve a maneuver. I'm just looking for 6 or 8 buttons arrange in a circle or someting to drive in 6 or 8 different directions. Are there any add-on for LabView 8.0 that would look like a gamepad or something.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,392 Views)
Are you looking for a way to imitate a joystick?
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but you can customize a boolean control so it looks like whatever you want.

Regards Andreas

Message Edited by Klump on 04-05-2007 02:43 AM

There's three different kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,381 Views)

You should be able to make a control like this in a few minutes.  Essentially make a cluster with 6 or 8 buttons in the arrangment you desire (emulating a game pad).  I would make the cluster background and border transparend and group the buttons.  Making the control a typdef will also make the software more manageable.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,374 Views)

Thanks for your input. Basically what Im looking for is some nice digital buttons to display on the screen. I have no problem with the logic.

I down loaded and tried your VI's Klump but I'm using LabView 8.0. That's OK. I'll see if I can't upgrade.

My supervisor was also mentioning some siders that up drag up to drive forward but springs back to zero when you release it. That's for next week.

Can I make buttons in LabView or do I have to use the basic rectangular buttons.

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,362 Views)
You can customize the buttons in labview to look however you wish.  This includes changing the picture and/or decals on the front of the button.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,352 Views)