LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join two actor framework

when I want to join two actors that contain a lot of vi and messages, for example actor1 and actor2, I pass all the vi from actor2 to actor1 and elemino actor2, I close and save the project and when I open the project, I get one dependency with the actor2 and the class controls come out bacios and will not let me relink the actor1, what is the best method to join two actors without having to rewrite all the code?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,225 Views)

When I rename a class that is used in another project, when I open the new project and relink it again, some VI still refer to the name of the previous library, they remain in dependencies, but in reality no element calls them, it is as if the vi will save information from the libraries that it uses. Is there any way to clean the dependence of a VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,170 Views)

Carlos, are you able to post a simplified example code of your problem?

________/~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~\________
Certified delinquent LabVIEW developer. Recertifying at next NI Days
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,166 Views)

I am guessing that if you simply move Method A of Actor 2 under Actor 1 in the project hierarchy then the method will still use Actor 2.lvclass as the input/output class on the connector pane. Then when you delete Actor 2 and open the project again, LabVIEW will see that Method A uses Actor 2.lvclass as inputs and outputs and will need to load the class.

At least that's what I assume will happen, I don't think I've ever actually tried just moving one class's method into another class.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,156 Views)