LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JR2 Force Sensor and J. Norberto Pires VI's

I use jr3 sensor and IFS-PCI-2184 card, I use the VIs by Dr. Norberto Pires but it does not work,when i run the example program,it appear error code -93,the error code means not found the card,how can i solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(466 Views)
Use an NI card or rewrite the code for the card that you have. It sounds like the program might be using obsolete functions so a rewrite its in order anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(460 Views)

Hello.
I used the VIs of Dr. Norberto Pires in Labview and I solved all problems.
These are the steps to properly install the PCI card and then use JR3 VIs in LabVIEW to control the force / torque sensor.
1. Install the drivers from the website of JR3 for w7 32 bit. (64 bit is not currently supported). The "JR3drivers" folder will be downloaded.
2. Install wdreg.exe
3. Install windrvr.exe
4. Turn off the PC.
5. Insert the PCI card.
6. Turn on the PC.
7. Go -> "Device Manager" and look for an unknown PCI device, which will be the PCI JR3 not yet been recognized card.
8. Right-click -> "Update Driver Software".
9. click in -> "Search for driver software on your computer".
10. Indicate the route of the "JR3driver" folder discharged before.
11. Check the sample sotware "JR3PCI" that the sensor works.
12. Vendor ID 1762.
13. Device ID, see sticker on the PCI card.
14. Click on "Download DSP CODE and Start Sensor".
15. Clcik START.

Once this is done, we have recognized PCI card. Now to use Labview and sensor.
1. Download the VIs Dr. Norberto Pires.
2. You must register the ActiveX control. Open a CMD window, go to the directory container containing the OCX and write: regsvr32np_jr3x.ocx
3. Enter at VI "Initialization JR3".
4. Place in Vendor_id IN DECIMAL NUMBER 1762 -> 5986 !!! (EX. 0x1762 = 5986)
5. Enter in device_ID the number of ID PCI IN DECIMAL ----> example 12564 (0X3114 = 12564)
6. Click on RUN.

I hope to I have been helpful.

- Luis Martín Veloza. Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineer. University Carlos III Madrid

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(414 Views)

Unfortunately, the website of Norberto Pires is no longer available and I cannot find the in this post mentioned VI online. Would it be possible to share the VI trough this forum or to share another download link?

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(318 Views)